• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
patchmyfurthur
Platinum Boarder

Re: Furthur Greek Theatre Berkeley Day 1 9/27/13

#286307 1 year, 1 month ago
ramoshms wrote:
patchmyfurthur wrote:
wow Touch encore...hmm kinda weird second set in that they only played 8 songs.

But really it was a greatest hits show for sure. Hoping for more diversity over the next 2 days.

hey i'm a aug 9 too brother leo power

a good day and a sad day for birthdays
westyvw
Junior Boarder

#286308 1 year, 1 month ago
Denver Man wrote:
Night all ... got to kick this cold, feeling like poop and I am hitting the road soon ... waaahh

Get better Denver Man, thanks for driving. You made it through!
The following user(s) said Thank You: patchmyfurthur
JamieBee73
Fresh Boarder

#286311 1 year, 1 month ago
Me too. It was my 10th or 11th show and I only knew the song from LiveDead and had no idea they hadn't played it in that long a time. But that was the month were everyone was talking about them bringing out some of the old nuggets, primarily Dark Star and Attics, and I had heard some mention of the song. If you were there you remember the crazy happiness in the crowd though when they figured it out. So, even being a noob...I was swept away. And it really is an amazing version, and Jerry's solo is very special.

Night all...I'm at the show's tomorrow and Sunday, can not wait.
Chester
More or less in line

#286316 1 year, 1 month ago
Great show! One of my favorite so far. Loved the setlist. The performance was very up for the most part.
Bobby's guitar tech had some trouble with Bobby's equipment. He was on stage more than I ever
remember. And Phil's sudden departure from the stage, late in the first set, brought a little bit of
humor. And turned out to be an opportunity to do a little Funiculi Funicula jam. Beautiful venue. You
can feel the vibes there. It's really cool.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Last Edit: 1 year, 1 month ago by Chester.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nycdave, SunshineSue, Griff
gr8ful bruin
Senior Boarder
Mr. Charlie

#286321 1 year, 1 month ago
Phil was offstage for 3 minutes, and at the begininng of terrapin johns amp popped a fuse or something the tech was back there and then called the soundboard, seemed like they switched to the direct to sbd hook up for about five minutes until they got johns
onstage speakers working again. He never lost all power but you can hear the thinness of JK guitar signal. Bob's pedal'w were fussy. Incredible show the best I have ever seen bob. He was just amazing on ashes. Venue is amazing definetly the red rocks of the west. I am going on sunday and I am looking for a ticket for tommorow. Also I think i was sitting right there with the furthur forum crowd that was posted In the picture, just to the left first set of steps. was right there tall guy in a bright red shirt, anyway it was the best furthur show I have seen since the june 2011 shoreline show,

Oh and phil said how glad he was to back in berekley

The songs were quite long the 2nd set was an 1:40 but the only short song was touch

Oh and the Tie die is so amazing with lighting it is so cool it's probaly 120 by 60 ft
Go to Terrapin, no really go to TERRAPIN
Last Edit: 1 year, 1 month ago by gr8ful bruin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
clutch_cargo
Junior Boarder

#286326 1 year, 1 month ago
What did you all find so different about this performance musically and regarding their playing, not arrangements or set lists?
Ohmanda
Fresh Boarder

#286337 1 year, 1 month ago
Hey!

My BF is taking me to my first further show today. We're driving from Reno JUST for the shakedown since we don't have tickets. Can anyone please let me know how if there was a shakedown last night? It would be much appreciated!
Minor9th
Fresh Boarder

#286341 1 year, 1 month ago
No Shakedown last night!
Last Edit: 1 year, 1 month ago by Minor9th.
Griff
Expert Boarder
Don't you see........

#286354 1 year, 1 month ago
Denver Man wrote:
They should have that tapestry at every show it is bad ass!!

It was beautiful and they did some cool lighting on it.

All I could say after the show for about 5 minutes was WOW. The energy was really great last night. I had one of those transcendental shows.

Great seeing/meeting some FFF last night (the Amusing's/Chester/Strider and so on!!!!). See y'all tonight, Woohoo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#286364 1 year, 1 month ago
Caught the sunset from the top of the rim for the first set. What a view! Don't miss out on going up there to see the sunset over the bay and you can see a planet in the west. Had a great show, looking forward to two more amazing events. Talk about a juiced place! The view and the smell of the sea air can't be beat. I'll try to find you guys, but it was so crowded last night, tonight even more so.
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds