• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
Stormin Norman
Fresh Boarder

AFTER VEGAS I SAY GET THEE TO THE GREEK

#288277 1 year ago
Musical things got way out of hand during Golden Road Wednesday night in Vegas, and then Furthur went way far and away in Viola Lee Blues before jamming through to the GDTRFB set closer in an unbroken chain, as it were. The Let It Grow in there was likely the best version I\'ll ever hear live or even via Memorex or whatever the kids are using for recording these days.

Go figure, I had no idea how good Furthur is until I actually listened to them. That didn’t happen until this week at the Palms. These guys crushed just about every song...hard off the wall or out of the park. They totally had their way with the music. Jeff Chimenti\'s playing is astonishing; thrilling; maybe the greatest keyboard player the Dead never had. Throw in Phil, Bob, a sweet-sounding guitar, and great drumming, and baby, you got a stew going. Probably as tasty as it\'s been since, you know.

So I say to you, go to LA this weekend if you can...the vibe is alive and the music\'s exquisite. I’m so grateful that someone convinced me to just go, dude, just go, and add a couple of 2013 Furthur shows to my 60-show GD resume.
China/Rider>Truckin>Deal>The Eleven>King Solomon\'s Marbles>SOTM>Casey Jones. Are you kidding me? GET TO THE EFFING GREEK.
Bacon Rocks
Senior Boarder

Re: AFTER VEGAS I SAY GET THEE TO THE GREEK

#288285 1 year ago
i love your first post. i'm not a regular here, but welcome to the board.
your observations are spot on, you caught the boys on fire.

my friend found these, even w/ the wrong spelling.

i had a grin ear to ear and huge tears just rolling down my cheeks at this point!!!
it was fun when the lights went up to see that Everyone around did too!!!!
I was standing at the corner
Talking to Miss Brown
Stormin Norman
Fresh Boarder

Re: AFTER VEGAS I SAY GET THEE TO THE GREEK

#288473 1 year ago
I appreciate the kind words of welcome a lot, BR, thank you. As well as your tact in skipping over my almost musically-criminal editing error, the omission of the Cryptical>Other One in the set list chunk at the end of my post:

China/Rider>Truckin>Deal>Cryptical Envelopment>The Other One>The Eleven>King Solomon's Marbles>SOTM>Casey Jones.
what I call a chunk.
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds