• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
SunshineSue
Platinum Boarder
Life is sweeter for this!

Re: Setlist Ratdog, Indy 3/11/14

#314698 6 months, 1 week ago
Thanks for the list, Chester!

I'm with Rippleish2o, time to rest up for Phil!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Denver Man, nycdave
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

#314699 6 months, 1 week ago
Many thank yous njtrider!!!!!!
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
njt1rider
Junior Boarder

#314701 6 months, 1 week ago
Hey guys, sorry the battery didn't last the whole show. I wasn't expecting to stream and when I saw there were no streamers I went for it. Did first or second set sound better? First set had the mic buried in mu pocket while second set it was facing out. Also, is there a way I Can turn off the video or turn off the screen on my phone? Video was on first set as well it was just in the pocket...hope ya guys enjoyed what you did hear and I will happily broadcast Louisville, knoxville, and Nashville and make sure I'm prepared to go both sets
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Zipster, nycdave, SunshineSue, Strider1, DancingTurtle, Molly Leigh
njt1rider
Junior Boarder

#314703 6 months, 1 week ago
Setlist is missing good lovin and baby blue encore
rippleish20
Platinum Boarder

#314704 6 months, 1 week ago
njt1rider wrote:
Hey guys, sorry the battery didn't last the whole show. I wasn't expecting to stream and when I saw there were no streamers I went for it. Did first or second set sound better? First set had the mic buried in mu pocket while second set it was facing out. Also, is there a way I Can turn off the video or turn off the screen on my phone? Video was on first set as well it was just in the pocket...hope ya guys enjoyed what you did hear and I will happily broadcast Louisville, knoxville, and Nashville and make sure I'm prepared to go both sets

You did great. No need to explain. A lot of people were very happy for your stream. You cant turn the video off with the app, you need to put tape over the camera lens so its transmitting just blackness, and presumably using less bandwidth. Set the video to low quality in the app (non hd). Second set probably sounded a little better.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Strider1
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

#314723 6 months, 1 week ago
rippleish20 wrote:
You cant turn the video off with the app, you need to put tape over the camera lens so its transmitting just blackness, and presumably using less bandwidth. Set the video to low quality in the app (non hd). Second set probably sounded a little better.

If you can't turn off the video - it shouldn't affect the quality whether you broadcast a "black" image of tape versus an image of anything else. I don't think movement or colors use any more 1s and 0s than just black. But I'm not a tech guy, just going on logical reasoning, so I could be wrong. I know I wouldn't want to put tape on my lenses, as it could be really hard to clean off the adhesive.
Takin' it in stride!
Last Edit: 6 months, 1 week ago by Strider1.
Emvibe67
Senior Boarder

#314729 6 months, 1 week ago
Rider I'll be in Louisville finite arriving around 4 I can help stream maybe we each take a set. I'll pm u my number
Fly on these wings of love!
Molly Leigh
Senior Boarder
I'm goin' go for it for sure

#314730 6 months, 1 week ago
Have read that people use a small round band aid to cover the lens- the pad part of bandaid is non sticky . Just incase you decide to cover lens.

Thank you so much for streaming. Good testimonial for Samsung phone.
rippleish20
Platinum Boarder

#314736 6 months, 1 week ago
Strider1 wrote:
rippleish20 wrote:
You cant turn the video off with the app, you need to put tape over the camera lens so its transmitting just blackness, and presumably using less bandwidth. Set the video to low quality in the app (non hd). Second set probably sounded a little better.

If you can't turn off the video - it shouldn't affect the quality whether you broadcast a "black" image of tape versus an image of anything else. I don't think movement or colors use any more 1s and 0s than just black. But I'm not a tech guy, just going on logical reasoning, so I could be wrong. I know I wouldn't want to put tape on my lenses, as it could be really hard to clean off the adhesive.

This actually is probably incorrect. I can't say I'm an expert at video techniques, nor the techniques that ustream uses, but it would be grossly inefficient to try and transfer direct video. Video sent over networks is usually compressed and sub sampled as far as I understand. In order to be as efficient as possible, video can be sampled frame by frame and only the differences is frames sent. If all the frames are black, there are no differences and thus no information needs to be sent. Even if I'm wrong, which is entirely possible, unless he has a tripod and gives us stable video, the video is useless and there is no reason to try and send it anyways.

If you read through this, it strongly suggests that they are doing exactly what I talk about and covering the video will help

ustream.zendesk.com/entries/22962268-Encoding-Specs-and-Stream-Settings

Higher motion content requires a higher bitrate to achieve the same perceived quality video stream.

You dont have to literally put tape on the lens. I put cloth on the lens and tape over it...
Last Edit: 6 months, 1 week ago by rippleish20.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue, Strider1
JFish
Fresh Boarder

#314745 6 months, 1 week ago
Nice time last night. Bobby looked to be enjoying and his band is terrific. I thought the Indy crowd was alive and active. We had a blast.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, illuminaughty, SunshineSue
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds