• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

Re: Furthur, TRI Studio, 6/7/11 Webcast

#34404 3 years, 4 months ago
I could not agree more with Heather. It's not just the music but the entire scene. TRI can add some special spices throughout the year, but there is nothing like being at a live Grateful Dead / Furthur show. I heard a rumor (?) that Phil is also working on his own studio.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#34453 3 years, 4 months ago
no rumor its true i believe its gonna be called terrapin landing he was on here talking about in the spring
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#34462 3 years, 4 months ago
MushroomMan wrote:
the jam going into The Wheel was sweet - def was some Playin' tease in there...... the jam started with a real smooth, mellow drum solo that gradually built momentum flowing into The Wheel...

--just had to mention that as I was thinking about it

mushroom man---that jam had supplication written all over it.... i cannot believe nobody mentioned it...a friend of mine who saw the official setlist even said it was on there but not officially done with full lyrics and arrangement...but listen to what phil and bob are doing...supp teases up the ass i was giddy as all hell being a big fan of supp...but they digressed to wheel
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: kfender
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#34488 3 years, 4 months ago
yea I watched it a few more times over the weekend and apparently was wrong about the playin' tease I thought I heard initially - could def here supplication in there...

I bet the next time Furthur plays at Tri they close with the Playin' reprise
Gr8fulauditors
Junior Boarder

#35218 3 years, 4 months ago
The studio was nice but the crowd plays a big,a,HUGE,part of
what goes on at these shows.I kind of missed that.
At least I'm still enjoying the ride !!!!!
StaggerLee13
Junior Boarder

#35235 3 years, 4 months ago
I Agree that the crowd plays a HUGE roll in the performance of the band..I was not there at the studio...but I can relate as far as east to west coast.....in a way with some exceptions...I am from California and am lucky to have family in new york as well because I can visit and see shows out east.. I believe that with the exception of Las Vegas, the west coast crowd doesn't give the energy and love that the east coast gives...I think that is why Furthur plays out east (NYC area in particular) so much...I am open to opinions and I know its a little off topic...Sorry...I Love Furthur! "Just keep truckin oooonn"
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#35460 3 years, 4 months ago
the crowd def does play a huge roll. I don't think its the answer instead of touring because there will never be nothing like a live show but its a good thing between shows, especially when the tour schedule isn't what it used to be.
otherone78
Junior Boarder
first Furthur show: 2/19/10

#73954 3 years ago
Tri studios sounds amazing!! More, more, more experiments PLEASE. So damn goood. Mountain song. Wow again.
james wright
Junior Boarder

#75655 2 years, 12 months ago
Only watched the you tube but really love it. Tri is just so clean and clear of a sound. By the way if anyone has this on DVD I would love to obtain a copy
"You can't quit the mob"-Ken Kesey
DigiGal
Senior Boarder
" If it wasn't recorded - it will be forgotten "

#76132 2 years, 12 months ago
Check the dvd vine over in music talk...Here's a link
Still Searching For The Sound??? My LMA Recordings and My Etree Recordings
Last Edit: 2 years, 12 months ago by DigiGal. Reason: add link
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds