• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

Re: Mansfield 7/21/2001 Setlist

#42840 3 years, 1 month ago
thanks for the setlist and review.
wish I could join you all at the shows !
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
Bakes
Platinum Boarder
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone....

#42857 3 years, 1 month ago
I love the internet. Shows up already. Thank you taper people! Back to work with a smile on my face!

www.archive.org/details/furthur2011-07-2...sfrank.114694.flac16
link fixed

smile.jpg
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by Bakes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SunshineSue
Gr8fulauditors
Junior Boarder

#42872 3 years, 1 month ago
Sounds good to me........
At least I'm still enjoying the ride !!!!!
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#42877 3 years, 1 month ago
kfender wrote:
I'm sorry but at no time should Bobby be singing this tune!His voice can't hit the notes the way they deserve to be hit.I don't care if he feels a connection to certain Jerry songs,his voice isn't suited to them all.I would prefer they didn't play it at all if their not gonna let John sing it.His voice is obviously better suited for the Jerry tunes.I love the Mission and woulda loved to hear it.But i woulda been bummed once i heard Bobby singing.Don't get me wrong I love bobby but he doesn't do the slow jerry songs any justice if you ask me.Just my opinion

I haven't heard the newly revived "Mission" as of yet, so I'm reserving judgement. However, I generally agree that Bobby doesn't quite do justice to the slow Jerry tunes, and John should be singing them.
killwhyT
Senior Boarder

#42936 3 years, 1 month ago
Good times and hot as hades! That mission was soundchecked I believe and I will have to listen to a recording to thnk about the vocals. At the time I was thinking 'fuck yeah'. Second set was pretty kick ass throughout. King Solomon's Marbles was tight and punchy. Liberty is not my fave encore but last night's version was fun.
Wind_Spirit
Junior Boarder

#42943 3 years, 1 month ago
Whoa, im listening now and glad at least I have the option of listening at home thanks to the tapers, and the archive, this is my first tour acctually trying to catch every show, in person this is the first missed one on my run and my favorite set list so far grate grateness at great woods wish i made it.....hope vibes is a blast...back on the run at the mann i know it will keep getting better <3 soo glad i get the chance to catch these guys in my lifetime
I'm going away, I'm leaving today
I'm going but I ain't coming back
saume3672
Junior Boarder

#42994 3 years, 1 month ago
I was at the show. Had a great time. Arrived early, which was a mistake. Sat in the A/C of the car quite a bit but took a few long walks and took in the scene and did some other fun things. Nice vibe as usual. Got to my seats just after 7. Was there for the opening but decided to walk around a bit once the show got going. I enjoyed most of the show from the center field grass. My legs hurt from dancing so much. Really enjoyed the Aiko Aiko to open the first set and the Might as Well to close the first set. I had never heard Mission in the Rain so it was cool to see something "new". I also enjoyed Two Dijinn. The set break was very long. The heat was brutal. Had a blast during Foolish Heart and Hard to Handle. The Potato and King Solomon jams nicely lead into an always great Scarlet > Fire. The Dear Prudence was nice and different and the Liberty encore was solid. Nothing against Ripple but they have closed the last (too many) Boston area shows with Ripple. I will be watching closely for Brother Esau, I was really hoping they would roll that one out for us. But another great Furthur show. I had a great time and already downloaded my copy. Thanks Furthur, come back soon!
murdoch89
Fresh Boarder

#43059 3 years, 1 month ago
Yeah, that was a bummer. Part of the 1st set that put me to sleep..OK show but not great.
wngfan
Junior Boarder

#43073 3 years, 1 month ago
I just listened to Mission in the Rain a couple times.... I thought it sounded great. I particularly liked the back up singers and the furthur arrangement. I don't think Bob butchered it, but I think it would be cool and interesting if Sunshine took the lead vocal on that one
Zipster
Platinum Boarder
Smile, Smile, Smile

#43284 3 years, 1 month ago
We had front row seats to this show and I had misgivings about being so close to the band. You see, I have been there before, at a GD show, and was crushed by heads who did not respect our space. But not so this night! The security was tight but respectful and our seats were secure. But what really impressed was the sound comig from that close. It was phenominal as was the song selection and the timing. My wife is a musician and plays many different instruments. She said it was right on and the sound was great, the band was energetic despite the 100 degree heat and 100% humidity. We each drank four bottles of water and this was barely enough to sustain our energy level, I can't see or know how the band kept the pace in this heat. But they did and I rocked out at this show. Great show Furthur and thanks so much for a real good time.
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds