• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
jbyerly
Junior Boarder

Re: anyone seen a 7/29/11 Simpsonville, SC recording?

#47017 3 years, 2 months ago
People are posting the board tapes from the show around different places but zero Auds have shown up yet
Philzone Phan
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#47127 3 years, 2 months ago
TD Carowindz wrote:
hey Matt, i have a link for you but dont want to post it in the boards because it might ruffle some feathers

9simpsonville) i found it, i only listened to a little of one song to hear what it sounded like. i think its a board

could you send me the link as well. PM or email would be great... This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it Thanks!~
SCKodiak
Fresh Boarder

#47169 3 years, 2 months ago
My paid-for CD's are in the mail, but I too would really like to get an aud recording to complement the SB. It was a great night and a fantastic show and I know I saw at least 3 tapers packing up as I passed by the soundboard tent.

Here are two pics I snapped from 7-29...enjoy!
Ken
Attachments:
Unbroken chain of sky and sea
TD Carowindz
Fresh Boarder

#47191 3 years, 2 months ago
hi junior,check out filetram.com , after you submitt your query instead of following that link "sometimes" its quicker dwnlding from the bloggers site, but not always possible
peace
SCKodiak
Fresh Boarder

#48824 3 years, 2 months ago
Keep this thread alive damn it!

Surely there is an audience recording waiting to be uploaded!

I just got my paid-for CD's, and yes, they sound great..clean as hell..but..a bit sterile..the bottom end is not where it was that night. An Audience version..even if incomplete...would be way appreciated!

The previous suggested links I think are to copied SB CD's and not true aud sources.
But you can't tell that without downloading them.

I know you were out there recording that night.
Why all the other nights and not this one???

Peace, and thank you if you do upload..

Ken
jbyerly
Junior Boarder

#48880 3 years, 2 months ago
It's a little strange that every taper has held this tape back from archive.org. I wonder if they have a reason behind this. Someone must know one of these fine people who keep the music alive for us and could post some sort of response to the lack of audio recordings from this amazing show. I too have the show that I pick up that night and it is awesome to say the least. But i really just wanted to hear the mix with the rocking Phil lines and heart thumping organ from Jeff on Dear Mr. Fantasy.
Philzone Phan
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#48907 3 years, 2 months ago
i've sent an email to a friend who likely taped this show, but so far no response. i know a copy will turn up, but it's kinda weird that nothing has surfaced as of yet.
Gr8fulauditors
Junior Boarder

#48915 3 years, 2 months ago
Because the auds suck compared to the SBDs.......
At least I'm still enjoying the ride !!!!!
SCKodiak
Fresh Boarder

#49098 3 years, 2 months ago
JB

I've been wondering the same....why this show only??? And Thank you for starting this thread

Auditor against the sucky sound of audience recordings...

Really? if all you listen to are the soundboards... then I guess you don't enjoy the live sound at the show or, prefer not to see them live and relish the experience in the soundboards....

Maybe, if you actually listened at a show, you'd know Furthur's sound system is so fuckin' good and the technology in the tapers arsenal is SO much better than the 3 pound cassette players some of us tried to record the Dead in 1976 with, then you'd know the AUD recordings can capture the wonderful sound we alll are hear at the show.

'Nuff of my rant..... bring on both levels of recordings!

We know you tapers are there and put out great stuff.
Attachments:
iamthedoor
Platinum Boarder

#49132 3 years, 2 months ago
Thought it would have been up for sure by now, kinda strange, might have to pick up a sbd
Warrior for Peace and The Positive Movement!
Time to create page: 2.14 seconds