• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
jbyerly
Junior Boarder

Re: anyone seen a 7/29/11 Simpsonville, SC recording?

#49147 2 years, 11 months ago
In my Grateful opinion, the SBD’s are a blessing beyond belief. I would have sold body parts in the 80’s to be able to go to the hotel or car or tent and listen to a great recording of that show. Living in the White Mountains of New Hampshire at the time it was almost impossible to get great recordings form tapers like D. Oade and would have to wait a very long time if ever to get a copy of a show that I experienced. I don’t know about anyone else but I suffered through my fair share of Hiss & Mud just to hear a show that was considered great before the days of archive.org. I had three Maxell XLII’s that I had scotched taped, untangled or transferred to a cassette that i could pull apart that was held together by small screws just to save and be able to transfer to a new cassette. A great Aud. will Time Machine you back to your seat and give you that liquidly feeling all over again. I can’t say the same of a SBD. I foresee the day when we will see post that say. “ Best show ever. You have to hear the Aud. by Mr. Taper!!” As great as the boys are playing and I never thought I would hear of feel those goosebumps again after my last show in 95, it only makes sense that the tapers section is going grow.

The Pics are from Raleigh
Attachments:
Philzone Phan
Gr8fulauditors
Junior Boarder

#49200 2 years, 11 months ago
All I listen to is this music,In all forms,that's my opinion.......Sbd's are better than auds. Matrix is good when done right,and auds are for" have to have it "only.I do agree that some of these furthur auds are good,Mostly the smaller venue stuff.
If you can't hear the vocals you can't hear the vocals,Sbds are great for that....
At least I'm still enjoying the ride !!!!!
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#50700 2 years, 11 months ago
taper.tsquare wrote:
i've sent an email to a friend who likely taped this show, but so far no response. i know a copy will turn up, but it's kinda weird that nothing has surfaced as of yet.

well, my "sure thing" turned out to be a bust.

a taper friend who has seen every damn Furthur show since the band got together finally decided to take some time off. he didn't go to any summer shows. sorry guys and gals... i tried. a recording will turn up eventually. we'll just have to be patient, and it will be a nice surprise when it emerges.
ablebaker
Senior Boarder

#50781 2 years, 11 months ago
I'm interested in what kind of mics are used in taper's circles.
I guess it's like unidirectional type?
Everytime that wheel turn round
bound to cover just a little more ground
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#52085 2 years, 11 months ago
ablebaker wrote:
I'm interested in what kind of mics are used in taper's circles.
I guess it's like unidirectional type?

ablebaker: for indoor venues cardioid mics are the most common (some folks prefer hypercardioid or supercardioid becasue they are more directional). for outdoor shows shotgun mics and omnis are more widely used (i love omnis for outdoor recordings).
Time to create page: 4.38 seconds