• Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
killwhyT
Senior Boarder

Ottawa Bluesfest

#93176 2 years, 9 months ago
I really enjoyed this show. I was at Gelston and Stroudsburg before it. Wish more Deadheads would come up and support Canadian shows but we all know the border is a bitch. I listen to this (audience recording from archive) in the Jeep on the way to work. Some asshole keeps whistling between every friggin song. Even in quiter moments you hear his stupid woot woot wheeeeeeee whistle over and over. I wonder if this fool thought he was adding to the music or wanted the attention of being on the tapes. Fool.
Chester
More or less in line

Re: Ottawa Bluesfest

#93221 2 years, 9 months ago
It was one of my favorite performances of that tour. Just from a listening after the fact, point of view.

www.archive.org/details/furthur2010-07-0...ficial.113027.flac16
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#93233 2 years, 9 months ago
killwhyT wrote:
I really enjoyed this show. I was at Gelston and Stroudsburg before it. Wish more Deadheads would come up and support Canadian shows but we all know the border is a bitch. I listen to this (audience recording from archive) in the Jeep on the way to work. Some asshole keeps whistling between every friggin song. Even in quiter moments you hear his stupid woot woot wheeeeeeee whistle over and over. I wonder if this fool thought he was adding to the music or wanted the attention of being on the tapes. Fool.

he probably thought neither. he was probably high and enjoying himself. his awareness was nowhere to be found.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Chester
More or less in line

#93279 2 years, 9 months ago
You will find that kind of thing on a lot of audience tapes. Depends on where they set up. If they can, they get their
mic's up in the air above that. But sometimes they don't. I was listening to a Buffalo aud. and you can hear this guy
on the tape, singing every word to Music never stopped, almost as loud, but nowhere near as well, as the singer on
stage. I didn't listen past the first song to see if he kept it going. I couldn't take it. That one guy ruined that recording.
But, there are usually many others to choose from. Or, just wait for the SBD to be released.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by Chester.
The following user(s) said Thank You: killwhyT
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds